Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The "2012" List

Every time you "catch up" with someone you haven't talked to in a while, what's the first question they ask? For me, it always seems to be "What have you been up to?" I dread that question, because I almost never have anything interesting or exciting to say.

Well, all that's about to change. For the year 2012 I've created a list of 10 things I want to do. And to make it even more fun, it's all things that I've either NEVER done before, or things I haven't done since I was a kid.

Now, I bet most of you are saying: 2012? But isn't that like 6 months away? Yeah, it is. But since I have to save up the money to pay for these things (See previous blog about my finances, and surely more to follow) I figured I'd better make the list now, so I can be prepared. There's a reason that's the Boy Scout's Motto.


And without further ado... here's the list:
  1. Join a Bowling League
  2. Visit Leavenworth (February)
  3. Go to Silverwood (May)
  4. Spokane Loop 24-hour Train Trip (June 23-24)
  5. White-water Rafting (June/July)
  6. Bite of Seattle (July)
  7. Go to Seafair & Watch the Hydros (August)
  8. Attend a Rodeo (September, maybe)
  9. Attend a Live Seahawks Game (October/November)
  10. New Years @ the Needle (Do I have to say December?)
Of course, I hope to not be doing these things alone so hopefully some of these interest some of you and I'll have some company.

Okay... I made some changes to timing. I moved the 24-hour Train Trip to June, because it would be better to do that when it stays light later. That also allowed for some flexibility on some other events.

2 comments:

  1. I am in for 2,3,5,6 and 9. Good idea, I may steal this concept for a blog I am preparing to write about going back to work.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I changed it around, It looks like 2,3,6,7 & 9 now.

    ReplyDelete